The Hastings Forward team has a solid record of accomplishments :
- Financial reserves exceeded target of 10%.
- Kept budget under 2% budget increase cap again for two years, earning residents a property tax rebate check.
- Created the Village’s first capital reserve fund in decades.
- Folded Village assessment roll into Greenburgh roll.
- Consent Decree finished negotiated and signed.
- Building 52 Demolition Permitting approved.
- Shoreline Committee, enabled by $45,000 DEC grant, began the design phase for the shoreline.
- LED Lights installed in 90% of streetlights, saving $45,000/year and the equivalent of the average electricity usage of 20 households.
- Village-wide green electric energy (CCA) implemented, saving residents hundreds of thousands of dollars annually.
- 53 homes added solar panels via the Solarize campaign, raising the total to more than 75 village-wide installations.
- Clean Energy Community designation and $52,500 in grants (TBD).
- Joined other municipalities in the Hudson River Waterfront Alliance to oppose the US Coast Guard’s proposal for permanent river barge anchorages off our waterfront.
- All new Reynolds Playground.
- Renovated Riverview Park.
- Worked with consultant to initiate a five-year plan for street repair.
- Began first curb replacements in fifteen years.
- New sidewalk on Hillside Avenue installed.
- Cleaner downtown.
- Won street sweeper grant.
- Assisted in the opening of several outstanding new restaurants and stores downtown through the Downtown Advocate’s efforts.
- Created and imposed a gateway cluster overlay zoning.
- Transportation group: first project was traffic calming signs and effort throughout town.
- Joined the proposal that won the $150,000 Route 9 Study grant to redesign Broadway (Rt.9) for bikes and pedestrians.
- Completed our third year of the ongoing deer contraception experiment.